Upgrade Master 100 Tons to Master 200 Tons
This upgrade course covers the slightly more complex subject matter and refined detail required for operation of vessels greater than 100 GRT but not exceeding 200 GRT. This course covers:
- Stability theory and calculations
- Rules and regulations of inspected and uninspected vessels
- The higher level navigation and plotting skills
This 32-hour upgrade course is available to mariners who hold a Master 100 Tons License and want to upgrade to any deck officer credential up to master of not more than 200 Tons.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The USCG requires the following sea service:
- For a 200 GRT License: 180 days of service on vessels of 151 GRT or above OR 360 days of service on vessels over 101 GRT.
- For a 150 GRT License: 180 days of service on vessels of 101 GRT or above OR 360 days of service on vessels at 67 to 101 GRT.
Compass Courses’ passion is to provide current and future seafarers with the knowledge, understanding, and proficiencies they need to be successful and safe through quality training on a reliable schedule.
Train With Us
We teach classes everyday. Check our class schedule to find a course that works for you.
110 West Dayton Street, Suite 110
Edmonds, WA 98020
To sign up for a course, call 425-778-1923. You can also email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Come learn more about what we do here at Compass Courses!
"The course was informative, well presented and interesting on subjects that most of us have been trained in before. Learned some new things. Thanks for a great job!"