Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD)
This Maritime Security course is for all seafarers that have security duties as part of their job. The course is offered in one day.
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD) (COMPAS-747) course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 12.625(a)(1) and STCW Table A-VI/6-2 for an STCW endorsement as Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties.
The Vessel Security for Personnel with Security Duties (VSPSD) course is led by an instructor and will cover the following:
- *Knowledge of current security threats and patterns
- *Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices
- *Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- *Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- *Crowd management and control techniques
- *Security-related communications
- *Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- *Operation of security equipment and systems
- *Testing, calibration, and maintenance of security equipment and systems, both ashore and at sea
- *Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques
- *Relevant provisions of the Vessel Security Plan (VSP)
- *Methods of physical screening of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and vessel stores
- *The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different MARSEC levels
- *Familiarity with all relevant aspects of the TWIC program and how to carry them out
What to bring
NEW COURSES FOR 2018
ECDIS has arrived at Compass Radar School, and Leadership and Managerial Skills and ARPA are filling up fast! Book your training now!
Compass Courses’ passion is to provide current and future seafarers with the knowledge, understanding, and proficiencies they need to be successful and safe through quality training on a reliable schedule.
Train With Us
We teach classes everyday. Check our class schedule to find a course that works for you.
110 West Dayton Street, Suite 110
Edmonds, WA 98020
To sign up for a course, call 425-778-1923. You can also email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Come learn more about what we do here at Compass Courses!
“Everything was great! Keep up the good work!”
Our 5-day, 40-hour STCW Basic Safety Training course is typically held Monday-Friday. Completion of this course will satisfy the Basic Safety Training requirements for all licenses and endorsements.More →
The 5-day ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System) course is designed to enhance the safety of navigation by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize the ECDIS.More →
Our in-lieu-of exam courses make it possible for you to take the USCG exams at our school. Our Master License courses offer two weeks of classroom instruction by professional, licensed captains.More →