* Stability theory and calculations,
* Rules and Regulations of inspected and uninspected vessels,
* The higher level navigation and plotting skills.
This 32-hour upgrade course is available to mariners who hold a Master 100 Tons license wishing to upgrade to any Deck Officer credential up to Master of not more than 200 Tons.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The USCG requires the following sea service:
1. For a 200 GRT license- 180 days of service on vessels of 151 GRT or above, OR 360 days of service on vessels over 101 GRT;
2. For a 150 GRT license- 180 days of service on vessels of 101 GRT or above, OR 360 days of service on vessels at 67 to 101 GRT
The course was informative, well presented and interesting on subjects that most of us have been trained in before. Learned some new things. Thanks for a great job!
– Jeff W.