This class covers:
- *Abandoning ship and the proper use of survival equipment including life rafts, survival suits and personal floatation devices
- *Fighting fires in different locations on board and the use of firefighting gear
- *Recovering individuals from the water
- *Minimizing the effect of unintentional flooding
- *Making radio distress calls
- *General alarms, specific alarm signals, and reporting of inoperable alarms
- *Vessel safety orientations and emergency instructions
- *Conducting effective drills
Compass Courses’ passion is to provide current and future seafarers with the knowledge, understanding, and proficiencies they need to be successful and safe through quality training on a reliable schedule.
Train With Us
We teach classes everyday. Check our class schedule to find a course that works for you.
110 West Dayton Street, Suite 110
Edmonds, WA 98020
To sign up for a course, call 425-778-1923. You can also email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come learn more about what we do here at Compass Courses!
“The course was informative, well presented and interesting on subjects that most of us have been trained in before. Learned some new things. Thanks for a great job!”
Our 5-day, 40-hour STCW Basic Safety Training course is typically held Monday-Friday. Completion of this course will satisfy the Basic Safety Training requirements for all licenses and endorsements.More →
The 5-day ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System) course is designed to enhance the safety of navigation by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize the ECDIS.More →
Our in-lieu-of-exam courses make it possible for you to take the USCG exams at our school. Our Master License courses offer two weeks of classroom instruction by professional, licensed captains.More →